It’s time for some Letter Board Love.
I shop. a lot. Michael’s, Target, Marshall’s, Amazon and, most recently, Home Goods gets a lot of MightE Made Money.
I have been wanting a letter board for a while but I never found one that really spoke to me (or my pockets) until I took a field trip to Home Goods. I found this letter board:
Making this icon makes me super excited to use this letter board more often. I have a pinterest board dedicated to letter board lovin’!
Let the lovin’ begin:
Kraft Board. Manufactured by Cricut
Premium Vinyl, Black. Manufactured by Cricut
Tombow Double Sided adhesive Dots
Recollections Cardstock, 12 by 12, Beige. This is the pack I pulled my paper from.
MightE Made It .svg (Made in Adobe Illustrator)
A Peace of Creativity Letterboard Icon Pegs WHICH ARE GENIUS! BTW
(BTW, I lettered my own logo using Autodesk Sketchbook)
Note: I realize this project is very specific. I will be releasing a word pack for letter boarders out there. So be on the lookout!
This will show you how to assemble once that pack is released!
- Open Cricut Design Space (or use the link above to go directly to the prepared canvas)
- Select Upload>Choose your design>Make sure the file is saved as a cut file NOT print then cut>Once
- Make sure your items are the corresponding colors for cutting. This was helpful for me in putting the icon together once I was finish cutting.
*During this project I used my Cricut Maker instead of my Cricut Explore Air 2. The new updates in Design Space allow you to select the Cricut Family that best suits your project. Kraft board is a heavier Cricut cutting material, so the Maker was the better choice.
- Prepare Mats.
*In the Slay The Day Queen Sticker tutorial I had a tip on placing multiple items on your Cricut mat for cutting. This project can work the same way.
I was able to put the vinyl and paper on the same mat for cutting. The Kraft board that I used was placed on it’s own mat. I used some masking tape along the edges of the mat to add extra stability.
- Once you have your mats ready, select the proper materials (vinyl, kraft board and cardstock respectively) and select cut.
- After cutting is complete and your projects are removed from the mats. Weed the vinyl.
- Place transfer tape on top of the vinyl to and center on the cardstock. Smooth vinyl onto the paper and remove transfer tape.
- Send mounted vinyl & cardstock through the Xyron creation Station. I am using the 5 inch permanent adhesive sticker roll. Align your newly made sticker to the Kraft board.
- Place a Tombow Dual Side Adhesive dot on the DIY Letter board Peg. To do this remove the backing from one side, apply to the Kraft Board. Remove the other piece of protective film lay the letter board peg on top of the adhesive dot.
VOILA! YOUR VERY OWN LETTERBOARD ICON!
What are some words or quotes you’d like to see in the Letter Board Loving Pack?