Cheers? I’m pretty sure that’s going to be everyone’s mood come New Year’s Eve. Generally confused, but glad the year is over?
Cheers and elements were hand lettered & hand drawn by me 🙂
- Cutting Machine & Mat (I’m using my Cricut Maker)
- Cricut Design Space
- White card stock
- Yellow Cardstock
- 1 sheet of 12″ by 12″ Acetate*
- 1 sheet of Blue Foil Cardstock
- Yellow Daisy Chunky Glitter
- CLICK HERE FOR THE CHEERS? CUT FILE
- CLICK HERE FOR THE CRICUT DESIGN SPACE PROJECT
**Acetate Hack: If you aren’t able to purchase the pack of acetate but have either self laminating pouches or heat laminating pouches. Seal one and BOOM you’re all set with an acetate replacement.**
- Download & Unzip the Cheers Cut file.
- Upload into Cricut Design Space
- When you import the file into the canvas click select all. (for me the file was positioned at Y= -10? In case this happens to you, just type 0 in the Y box and your file should come into focus)
- While everything is selected, click “Ungroup” twice.
- Remove the grey offset around the shapes.
- Click Shape. Select Hexagon. Resize to 6″ wide.
- Duplicate the 6″ hexagon twice. Recolor the second hexagon to light blue. This denotes our acetate sheet.
- Create a 5.5″ Hexagon. Align and center the two different sized hexagons and select Slice.
- Delete the center piece.
- Duplicate (or copy and paste) the frame shape 6 to 8 times. This is the space where your shaker elements will be.
- Select one hexagon frame and make it Blue. This will indicate your foil color which is the top layer of your party shaker.
- BE SURE TO SAVE YOUR PROJECT BEFORE YOU HIT MAKE!
- Prepare your mats with the respective colored papers & acetate.
- You will glue 6-7 of your hexagon frames together before you glue to a the back hexagon piece.
- Fill with your paper confetti (included in the design) and chunky daisy glitter.
- Glue black cheers and question mark to the acetate and layer on top of your shaker.
- Glue the top Blue frame to the shaker.
Shake. Shake. Shake 2020 away!
If you enjoyed this, here are 7 free files & projects you can make to enjoy the upcoming New Year season!!
|2021 Goals Cut File|
|Lina||Cheers? Party Shaker|
|Sabine||Here’s to a bright New Year|
|Teresa||New Years Eve Paper Napkins with Iron On Vinyl|
|Kelsey||Kiss Me at Midnight|
|Brenna||Free New Year Cut File|
|Amy||FREE DOWNLOAD | New Years Fireworks|
|Kelsey||New Year Wishes and Midnight Kisses|